Certain guidelines must be followed when using this wiki. These rules are laid out as follows:
Anyone can edit pages without being part of the official Wiki Team on The Ink Tank's official Discord server. However it is recommend to ask the team on Discord before creating new pages. This helps prevent bad edits from being made and makes communication between editors much easier. To join the official wiki team, you must join the Discord server linked on the front page of this wiki and contact one of the existing wiki team members. If you're found to be trustworthy and capable of making good edits, you will be allowed onto the team.
Anyone may comment on pages and start forum discussions about 5 Years Later. Generally speaking, these discussions are open to just about anything, but there are still some restrictions to be followed:
- Respect the Staff. The Wiki Dev team is here to keep things in line. Please listen to their instructions.
- Respect the Community. Harassment of other users is strictly prohibited. Banter is one thing, but direct attacks will not be tolerated.
- No hate speech.
- No spam.
- No porn.
If you break any of the above rules, you are subject to being warned and eventually blocked from the wiki altogether.
Page Creation Rules
This is a list of pages that belong on this wiki.
- Characters/Locations/Events/Items existing in 5 Years Later or relevant to it.
- Chapters/Episodes or other pieces of media belonging to 5 Years Later.
- Galleries directly connected to already existing pages.
- Transformations/Characters commissioned to and accepted by the Ink Tank.
- Other pages requested by the Ink Tank or required to keep the wiki in order.
- Fan created transformations or characters that were not approved by the Ink Tank.
- Entities not related to 5YL.
- Transformations that don't have character designs created by the Ink Tank don't need pages.
If you are unsure whether a page is suitable for the wiki ask the Dev Team.
On the 5 Years Later Wiki there are a few rules you need to keep in mind while editing pages.
- Proper English should be used at all times to the best of your ability when editing pages.
- Abilities should be referred to in simplistic, generalized terms that can be easily understood by anyone unfamiliar with detailed superpower terminology.
- All content on a given page should be 5YL-relevant.
- Information such as voice actors and minor show trivia does not apply to the comic, and so should not be included.
- Images on pages should only be from artwork created by currently active members of The Ink Tank. Images from Ben 10, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, ect. are not permitted on articles.
- Any fan fiction not approved by The Ink Tank should not be included.
- Page creation should be properly prioritized. Important pages such as Chapters and Main Characters should be worked on before pages like transformations and items.
- When making a universe page, describe the universe using standalone terminology; don't compare it to another universe.
- Ben's aliens should be referred to as "transformations" instead of the general term "aliens" to avoid confusion with regular aliens, such as Rook or Zim.
- The full list of Ben's transformations is referred to as his "arsenal".
- Abilities natural to an alien's species should be referred to as "abilities", never as "powers", as the term "powers" indicates them possessing abilities not natural to their species.