Astrodactyl resembles a cross between a pterodactyl and a glider. He has a large yellow beak-like mouth, green eyes, light maroon skin, three-clawed hands and feet, and small openings on his forearms. He also possesses yellow retractable wings that resemble a glider in appearance which are connected to a 'jetpack' like structure on his back. He wears a black, white, and green uniform complete with a black and green mask.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on his left pec.
- Flight - Astrodactyl can fly at high speeds using a combination of his wings and a combustible gastrointestinal fluid he ignites in his stomach and then vents out of his lower back.
- Combustible Gastrointestinal Fluid Ignition - Astrodactyl's combustible gastrointestinal fluid can be solidified through the venting out of his lower back, wrist ports, and mouth to manipulate them for attacks such as energy whips and propulsion blasts.
- Space Survivability - Astrodactyl is able to hold enough air/water in his body to survive in space for a long while.
- High Voltage Electricity - Astrodactyl is vulnerable to high voltages of electricity, leading him to be incapacitated for flight.
Astrodactyl is a Pturbosaurian, the species at the top of the caste system on the planet Terradino because of their flight. The Pturbosaurians rule the skies and live in massive stone spires made by their honorbound underlings on the ground, the Vaxasaurians. Ptrubosaurian's are incredibly pompous and arrogant, believing themselves to be superior to all other species found on the planet.
- Episode 1: Terradino (first appearance)
- Astrodactyl is genetically linked to two of Ben's other transformations, Humungousaur and Krush. With all three of them originating from the same home planet, Terradino.
- The lore behind Astrodactyl's species and planet was expanded in Humungousaur's Homeworld, one of the And Beyond series.