Backwash resembles a tadpole in metamorphosis. His body is covered in translucent blue sacks with five on the tail, two on the torso and head and one on each thigh. His arms are stubby and resemble flower peddles. His head is round and has a fin and a sac around it.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on his abdomen.
- High Pressure Water Blasts- Backwash can ingest and blast water at a high pressure from his mouth or tail. He can also use it to swim underwater.
- Water Storage- Backwash is able to store water in his water sacks around his body for later use.
- Underwater Breathing- Backwash can breathe underwater as well as on land.
- Flexibility- Backwash is highly flexible.
- Liquid Dependency- Backwash is powerless without water.
- Contagious Optimism- Backwash has a contagious optimistic personality.
Squirtizan's are a recent discovery and because of that their origins are unknown. It is theorized that they are a distant cousin of Ickthyperambuloids, but there is little to no evidence supporting that theory. What is known however, is that the species is easygoing and doesn't get into conflict.