Brightspeed is a humanoid alien that resembles a roadrunner. He has a black body and silver shell on his limbs, torso and head. He also has a tail and a beak of the same color. There are sharp claws on his feet and hands.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on his left shoulder.
- Light Speed- Brightspeed can move at the speed of light leaving a trail of neon light and phosphorus gas in his path.
- He can turn his cells into into rays of light for better maneuverability.
- Neon Manipulation- Brightspeed possesses a great degree of control over neon, which he can use in a variety of ways.
- Neon Constructs- Can manipulate neon into various small constructs.
- Photon Blasts- Can fire bolts of neon energy.
- Drain Neon- Can drain sources of neon to replenish power.
- Sharp Talons- Brightspeed possesses razor-sharp claws on his hands and feet.
- Energy Limit- Brightspeed requires phosphorus and neon light as a form of a power source; without a way to replenish himself he will be drained and powerless.
Brightspeed's homeworld is always illuminated by neon lights, causing outworlders to sometimes mistake Iklipsyami for a sun instead of a planet.
The atmosphere of Brightspeed's homeworld is filled with a gas called Lumin Luxide, a gas with similar properties to phosphorus and neon gases. As a result, the planet's inhabitants are always charged with enough power to keep them active.
- Brightspeed's design is largely based on Rev Runner from the animated series Loonatics Unleashed.
- Brightspeed's powers took inspiration from Fetch from the infamous video game series.
- Brightspeed is faster than Fasttrack and can reach speeds close to XLR8.
- Neococcyx is a combination of neon and geococcyx (the scientific name for road runners).
- Planet Iklipsyami is a combination of the words "eclipse" and "yami", the latter of which means "darkness" in Japanese.
- Ben's source of power for Brightspeed on Earth comes from neon signs that he finds around cities.
- Brightspeed can change color based on the neon he drains.