Dark Danny, also known as Dan Phantom, is from an alternate timeline where Danny Fenton became so depressed after the death of his friends and family that he wanted Vlad to rip out his Ghost half. However, his Ghost half-turned insane and ripped out Vlad's Ghost half too and fused with it, becoming Danny's Ultimate Enemy, though Danny Phantom's ghost half is clearly the dominant half.
Dark Danny is a combination of Vlad Master's, and Danny Fenton's Ghost halves in abilities, personalities, and appearance. He still wears Danny's old jumpsuit but it now contains elements of Vlad's old outfit as well, including Vlad's belt and cape. He has Vlad's red eyes, sharp teeth, and blue skin. He also has Danny's snow-white hair however Dark Danny's hair moves like flames.
Dark Danny does retain Danny Fenton's memories, but he is filled with all of the evil aspects of Vlad's personality, including his hate and cruelty towards others. When fighting his opponents he likes to not only torture them physically but also psychologically. This lack of remorse along with his abundant sadism and morally nihilistic personality marks Dark Danny as a profound psychopath with a track record in his timeline to match his thirst for chaos and destruction.
Being a fusion of Danny and Vlad, Dark Danny possesses all of their abilities, including but not limited:
- Standard Ghost Abilities- Dark Danny possesses the standard Ghost abilities of flight, intangibility, and the ability to turn invisible to the eye.
- Ecto-Energy Powers-
- Pyrokinesis- Dark Danny can manipulate a powerful green, Ecto-Energy fire in a variety of ways. In addition, his hair consists of white flames that can ignite flammable objects.
- Enhanced Strength and Durability- Dark Danny's physical strength and durability far surpasses even that of Danny or Vlad.
- Overshadowing- Dark Danny can possess the minds of living beings or even other Ghosts.
- Ghost Ray- Dark Danny can fire green blasts of Ecto-Energy. He can also fire these rays in the form of sliding waves of energy
- Ghost Stinger- Dark Danny can fire out Ecto-Energy in the form of electricity.
- Telekinesis- Dark Danny is able to lift objects with Ecto-Energy or to render his opponents immobile.
- Ghostly Wail- Dark Danny can generate an extremely powerful sonic scream that can decimate the surrounding area.
- Ecto-Energy Construction- Dark Danny can create constructs out of Ecto-Energy.
- Energy Strike- Dark Danny can channel Ecto-Energy into his fists for a more powerful strike.
- Regenerative Healing Factor- Dark Danny is able to quickly recover from nearly any attack and is incredibly difficult to kill.
- Ghost Portal Creation- Dark Danny can create portals between his Universe's Earth and The Ghost Zone.
- Chronolock- Dark Danny exists outside of time.
- Spectral Body Manipulation- Dark Danny can bend and contort his body in seemingly impossible ways well beyond the human physiology.
- Atmokinesis- Dark Danny can manipulate the Earth's weather.
- Duplication- Dark Danny is able to create duplicates of himself at will.
- Several Unknown other powers.
In an Alternate Timeline, Danny used his powers to steal the answers to the Career Aptitude Test. Suspicious of Danny, Mr. Lancer called the Fentons to the Nasty Burger for a meeting. Unfortunately, the Nasty Burger's vat of Nasty Sauce exploded just at that time, killing Danny's family, his friends Sam and Tucker, and Mr. Lancer. As a result, the guilty, grief-stricken boy was forced to move in with his archenemy, Vlad Masters, as he was the only person left who Danny felt could possibly understand his situation.
Despite the history of animosity between the two, Vlad treated Danny with a great deal of sympathy. Completely taken over by grief, Danny asked Vlad to separate his human-half from his ghost-half so he wouldn't have to deal with his human emotions anymore. Vlad obliged him, using the Ghost Gauntlets to separate Danny's ghost half from his human half. The separated Danny Phantom, now free of the conscience of his human half, was also filled with all of Danny's anger and negativity. Immediately it overcame Vlad and took the Ghost Gauntlets. He removed Vlad's ghost half and attempted to overshadow it, but it backfired and he merged with it, and was overwhelmed by the evil in Vlad Plasmius. This resulted in the birth of Dark Danny, the most powerful and evil ghost to ever exist. His first act of malice was to murder his human half and destroy Vlad's entire mansion, though he left Vlad alive to tell the tale of his beginning.
Decade of Hauntings
For the next ten years, Dark Danny committed numerous atrocities against both Earth and the Ghost Zone, culminating in the near-complete desolation of Amity Park and the destruction of many ghosts. Many lives were lost and Ghosts were tortured constantly, such as when he damaged Ember's vocal chords, rendering her unable to sing. Near the end of his ten year rampage The Earth was left in ruins. Luckily Amity Park was the only surviving City left. At some point, he crossed paths with one of his most powerful enemies, the Fright Knight, who became his servant.
Clockwork had kept a close eye on Dark Danny 's rampages, when the Observants ordered Clockwork to kill Danny's younger self to prevent Dark Danny's rise, he instead dispatched various ghosts from the future to set in motion a series of events that led young Danny to eventually come to the future, where he encountered his dark older self. Young Danny would eventually come across an older Vlad who explained everything to him. Dark Danny tried to have Young Danny follow his same path as himself, but he failed. Danny imprisoned him in the Fenton Thermos. During these events, Danny would find out Jazz knew his secret persona and they decided to aid each-other whenever they needed it. Clockwork took the thermos containing Dark Danny and sealed it within his lair. Now that the events leading to Dan had been averted, Dark Danny now exists outside of time and as such is Clockwork's responsibility, as stated by the Observants.
- While The Ink Tank did create a 5 Years Later character design for Dark Danny, it will not be used in the comic.
- He is currently trapped inside a Fenton Thermos within Clockwork's Tower.