Dopameal is a small cephalopod creature with a mostly orange skin and blue bioluminescent highlights. People are usually calmed by their cute and friendly appearance.
The Omnitirx symbol is located around its mid-section.
- Telepathy- Dopameal can read the thoughts, fears, and desires of others. This knowledge makes it easier to manipulate enemies.
- Emotion Manipulation- Dopameal can influence and control the emotions of anyone he attaches himself to. This can be used to overwhelm and neutralize enemies or to reinvigorate allies.
- Bioluminescence- Dopameal can make the blue parts of his body glow. This light is mesmerizing as well as illuminating.
- Emotive Metabolism- Dopameal feeds on the emotions of those who are under his influence for energy.
- Fantasy Harvesting- Dopameal is able to put anyone he is connected with into a deep trance where he makes them see fantasies designed to cause them extreme emotions to provide Dopameal with a strong source to feed on. Dopameal can also choose what these fantasies will make his hosts experience.
- Underwater Breathing- Dopameal can breath both inside and outside of water.
- Enhanced Swimming- Dopameal can use the energy inside of himself to swim with haste.
- Levitation- Dopameal can float using his energy.
- Elasticity- Dopameal's body can be stretched and squished without pain or discomfort.
- Blind Opponents- Dopameal's bioluminescence can't affect beings that are blind and will have to attach himself onto them in order to use his abilities.
- Energy Depletion- If Dopameal loses too much of his energy, he will be unable to levitate and his speed will be lowered.
Octulus Asabb's seas are home to many species, including the Hypaths. These bioluminescent octopi are a friendly race of empaths that have lived within the depths of Octolus Asabb for numerous generations. Hypaths live in large clusters called "blooms" and they use their ability to sense emotions to detect and avoid predators. If they find themselves in a dire situation, their bioluminescence is able to pacify predators long enough to escape. Throughout the years swimming through their worlds oceans, they've met and befriended many species. With their ability to communicate telepathically and link themselves with others emotionally, these good natured cephalopods played a big part in forming peaceful societies world wide.
- Dopameal's name comes from the neurotransmitter dopamine.
- Dopameal's design was based on an Adorabilis octopus.
- Dopameal's powers of feeding on and manipulating emotions was inspired by the Black Mercy from Justice League Unlimited.
- The name Hypath is a combination of hyper and empath. Young Hypaths are very energetic and naïve, and use their abilities just to eat and play. As they grow older they become more mature and seek to befriend others.