Gero is an elderly man with Caucasian skin. He has long white hair with a bald spot on top of his head, along with a mustache. He has brown eyes and wears yellow earrings. He wears a white trench coat with an orange vest.
Gero is a cold, yet highly intelligent scientist. He holds himself and his work in high regards and will deal with anyone who gets in his way.
- Enhanced Intelligence- Gero possesses intelligence well beyond that of the average human. He's been said to have one of, if not the highest intellect on his Earth.
- Robotics Expert- Gero is an expert at robotics. This mixed with his intelligence and personality, has allowed him to make many dangerous and powerful machines.
- Human Weaknesses- Gero is only human, making him susceptible to most common human weaknesses, such as illness and physical limitations.
- Personality- Despite his high intellect, his arrogance can make him underestimate his foes.
Gero was the chief scientist of the Red Ribbon Army, a criminal organization bent on world domination. In service of the Red Ribbon Army, he created many powerful Androids and other terrifying technologies. However, the Red Ribbon Army was defeated by Son Goku, and Gero went into hiding. There he studied Son Goku and his colleagues, waiting for the chance to get his revenge.
- In Episode 5: Krypton and Vegeta, Gero's robot Zero (A robot designed to assist his investigations for Project Cell), traveled to the alternate dimension UNUA-0001 in order to study and catalog a still living alternate planet Vegeta and the Saiyan species living there. He believed the difference between these Saiyans and the ones from his world to potentially be the key to Project Cell's success. Afterward, he contacted Gero and told him of his findings. Gero, however, refused to believe that Saiyans could be anything but brutal and warlike and did not believe these peaceful beings were, in fact, actual Saiyans, he deemed Zero and its mission a failure, activating his self-destruct.