GIR is the insane, hyperactive robotic sidekick of Zim. He's the closest thing the incompetent Irken has to a friend, having been constructed from scrap parts and given to Zim by the Almighty Tallest just before it was handed to Zim, instead of a regular SIR (Standard-issue Information Retrieval Unit).
GIR is a small robot, with levitating body legs and blue orbs and a silver body. He has a levitating cylindrical head and an antenna on top of it. His eyes, chest, and are a light blue color.
GIR is happy-go-lucky, enthusiastic, energetic, excitable, and extremely hyperactive. GIR will eat just about anything, regardless of whether it is edible or not. Most of the time he spouts nonsense, but does have a few, short moments of clarity. Every so often, GIR will display brief instances of complete functionality. Usually triggered by Zim giving an order, this “Duty Mode” is made manifest by the cyan parts of GIR's body and eyes flashing red, his voice changing from high-pitched to harsh, deep and rough, and GIR himself snapping to attention, alert and utterly obedient.
- Built-In GPS- GIR has an advanced GPS system in his head that allows him to locate any mapped location.
- X-Ray Vision- GIR has the ability to see through solid objects.
- Laser Eyes- GIR can shoot energy beams out of his eyes, which can easily tear through metal.
- Jet Feet- GIR's feet have installed rockets which can propel him though the air.
- Snack Storage- GIR has shown to be able to hold an endless supply of tasty snack foods in his head.
- Personality- Due to GIR being overly energetic and nice, he rarely uses his combative abilities unless he enters Duty Mode.
- In Chapter 3: Reunion (Page 51–53), GIR was sent to the Orion-Cygnus District Plumber Base on behalf of Eon, managing to steal information crucial to The Alliance's plan. Exiting the base, GIR entered a rift into his dimension, managing to escape.
- In Chapter 4: The Fallen Gods (Page 10–20), GIR returned with the data, and Eon took him apart and examined it.
- In Chapter 6: Weightless (Page 36), GIR is saddened when he is told that his master Zim “Didn't make it”.
- In Chapter 7: Fold (Page 48–54), GIR is seen standing next to Animo on Eon's Machine.
- In Chapter 9: Time Out (Page 36), he has shown to have accidentally teleported to the Ghost Zone with Rook while on the Plumber Ship attempting to free Zim.
- Chapter 3: Reunion (first appearance)
- Chapter 4: The Fallen Gods
- Chapter 6: Weightless (cameo)
- Chapter 7: Fold (cameo)
- Chapter 9: Time Out (cameo)
- Chapter 10: Again
- GIR's feet squeak when he walks, regardless of whether or not he is wearing his dog disguise.