Ghostfreak is a ghost-like alien. He has pale white skin and black cracks over his body. He has a single green eye. The bottom of a tail can be seen coming out of his skin. He has sharp claws on each of his fingers.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on one of his tentacles and can be seen in a crack on his left pec.
- Intangibility- Ghostfreak can turn his molecules intangible and phase through objects.
- Levitation- Ghostfreak can move about without needing to touch the ground, and can float as high as he chooses.
- Body Possession- Ghostfreak can phase into anyone's nervous system and control their actions.
- Tentacles- Ghostfreak can peel back the skin on his stomach and use his tentacles to scare his opponents.
- Telekinetic Abilities- Ghostfreak can take large objects and move them around with his mind.
- Energy Beams- Ghostfreak can fire an energy beam from his tentacles.
- Space Survivability- Ghostfreak can survive in the vacuum of space because he's alive in a more unconventional sense.
- Night Vision - Ghostfreak has the ability to see in absolute darkness without any problem.
- Sharp Claws- Ghostfreak's fingers are razor-sharp bones protruding out of his skin.
- Invisibility- Ghostfreak can cloak himself to be undetectable by the naked eye.
- Protective and Removable Skin- Ghostfreak can peel back his skin and show his true appearance underneath.
- Mana Absorption Immunity- Ghostfreak cannot have his Mana absorbed as Ectonurites have no Mana due to not being alive in a conventional sense.
- Corrodium Immunity- Ghostfreak is immune to the negative effects of Corrodium.
- Brainless Opponents- Ghostfreak cannot possess bodies without a brain.
- Intense Light- If his inner layer of skin is exposed, he can be killed by intense light.
- Intangible Opponents- If a foe turns intangible, they can touch Ghostfreak while he is intangible.
- In Chapter 1: Alienated (Page 24-26), Ghostfreak was defeated by Danny Fenton after he unleashed his Ghostly Wail.
- In Chapter 6: Weightless (Page 20-21), Ghostfreak was used to restrain Vlad Masters but failed.
- When Rook first met Danny, he assumed that Danny was an Ectonurite like Ghostfreak.
- Ghostfreak is the first (and so far only) alien form to be used more than once in the story by present-day Ben. This was done in order to show the difference in power and skill between Danny and Vlad, who Ben has used Ghostfreak against on both.