Doctor Jackson Stephan Fenton, or Jack for short, is a Character in 5 Years Later. He first appeared in Chapter 1: Alienated. He is a human from the planet Earth in the Danny Phantom Universe. He is now retired from Ghost Hunting.
Jack is a large and bulky man, with black hair that is starting to turn grey, and blue eyes. He wears an orange and black zip-up jumpsuit with several pockets, along with black gloves and boots.
Jack Fenton is often described as incompetent, as he can be fooled easily. Before the Disasteroid struck, he was obsessed with ghost hunting, but after ghost hunting became obsolete, he focused on cross-dimensional travel. After he couldn't figure it out, his personality changed, and he appears to have become an alcoholic.
Jack's personality has been shown to be hard to determine, while he has shown intelligence far beyond what a normal Human man, or even compared to Multiversal scientist like Azmuth, he has also been shown to act rather childish or even foolish the other.
- Technological Intelligence- Jack Fenton is quite smart, and can build many useful ghost hunting devices. He is also the first ever person to find a way to enter the Ghost Zone via technology, making the first artificial Ghost Portal.
- Strength- He is an adequate fighter with great, almost super human strength due to his enormous size and courage.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat- While not known to have practice in any form of martial arts, Jack has been shown to posses some type of combat training based on several fights he has had.
- Gullibility- He can be fooled easily due to his incompetent nature.
- Human Limitations- Despite his high intelligence and training, Jack is still just Human. Which mean he is vulnerable to most other species, and is limited to the average Human capabilities.
Before 5 Years Later
When he was young, he began his studies at the University Of Wisconsion-Madison in 1984, with his fellow lab assistant, Vladamir Silver Masters, and his future wife, Madison Holly Payne. Jack created the first Ghost Portal out of artificial Ecto-Purifier and scrap from the local Junk yards, resulting in a early and somewhat unstable attempt at Ghost Zone travel. On their first attempt to use the prototype Ghost Portal, the calculations for the device were wrong and the machine was unstable. This resulted in Jack's friend Vlad to be blasted in the face with Ecto-Energy, infecting him with Ghost Achene and later on turning him into a ghost hybrid.
Vlad was soon forced into extreme medical care for years, while Jack had felt an extreme amount of guilt for his friend's condition.
The two friends didn't speak to each other for years after that, and sometime after Jack and Maddie got married.
After the events of the Disasteroid, Jack had become an icon to many parts of the Earth for his Ghost Tech. He had started working with governments around the world, supplying them with Fenton tech and Ghost catching gear to help defend the globe from Ghost attacks. This had made him very wealthy from the high demand, and with so many new officers and agents capturing and defending against ghost Jack had entered into retirement from Ghost Hunting.
5 Years Later
- In Chapter 1: Alienated (Page 2- 5), Jack Fenton appeared in Danny's flashback. According to Danny, he took interest in studying cross-dimensional travel after ghost hunting became obsolete. Over time, though, he gave up on his goal and has never been the same since, appearing to have become an alcoholic.
- In Chapter 8: Risen (Page 36), A younger version of Jack during the accident that caused Vlad to gain ghost powers is shown, and used while Vlad argues with Danny about his own father being the caused for all the troubles they both faced.
- In Chapter 9: Time Out (Page 35), Jack, Maddie Fenton, Jazz Fenton, Tucker Foley and Sam Manson all appeared in a brief flashback Danny had before going through his Awakened Form.
- In Chapter 10: Again (Page 17), Jack appeared as a cameo when Clockwork was explaining the situation of Divinity's plan to the other heroes.
- In Chapter 11: Shattered (Page 24-29) Jack appears in Danny’s nightmare when he is remembering a chat with his dad about the upcoming deal with the president to supply every officer with ghost hunting tech. Jack breaks character after mentioning Vlad and starts to morph into a monstrous fusion of the two. Jack’s decomposing head is among the many heads of Danny’s friends and family.
5 Years Later
- Chapter 1: Alienated (first appearance; flashback)
- Chapter 2: The Lonely Ghost (flashback)
- Chapter 8: Risen (flashback)
- Chapter 9: Time Out (Cameo)
- Chapter 10: Again (Cameo)
- Chapter 11: Shattered (hallucination)
- He likes toast and fudge.
- He was the first person to ever successfully create a way to enter and leave the Ghost Zone.
- His hair color scheme resembles Danny's, both in and out of ghost form.
- His middle name, Stephen, comes from Danny Phantom character designer, Stephen Silver. This is only canon to 5 Years Later.