Monkiwi is a small humanoid transformation with both prime ape and avian features. He has purple fur on his upper body and tail, with grey feathers on his lower body and three red feathers on the top of his head. He has pink skin, with a long yellow beak. He has yellow bird-like claws and talons.
The Omnitrix is located on his chest.
- Enhanced Strength- Monkiwi is strong enough to lift four times his size.
- Enhanced Agility- Monkiwi possesses incredible agility, allowing him to easily traverse forests, leaping from tree to tree.
- Enhanced Reflexes- Monkiwi is able to react to most attacks almost instantaneously.
- Night Vision- Monkiwi’s eyes are specially developed to see in the pitch-black darkness of Serpnosis’ jungle.
- Prehensile Tail- Monkiwi's tail can be used to grasp or hold objects.
- Sunlight Absorption- Monkiwi can absorb and store sunlight in his fur and feathers.
- Sunlight Projection- Monkiwi can unleash the absorbed sunlight as a flashbang to stun enemies, especially those sensitive to light.
- Sound-Wind Bursts- Monkiwi can suck in a large amount of air and then immediately unleash it as a burst of wind and sound.
- Extendable Arms- Monkiwi’s arms are able to stretch to about twice their original length in order to more easily grab onto trees and other objects.
- Extendable Spear Beak- Monkiwi’s beak can extend twice its length in order to spear enemies or prey.
- Small Size- Monkiwi is rather small, making it difficult to fight larger opponents head on.
Unlike most species on Serpnosis, the Simiteryx live on top of the trees instead of underneath in the pitch black jungles. They live in small huts and spend their days sunbathing to absorb sunlight. At night they delve into the jungles to hunt. They jump from tree to tree to navigate, avoiding the jungle floor. They are rivals with the Pytholeptics as the dominant species on the planet.
- Monkiwi was created during a conversation with Drezen. DFreak wanted to create an alien that wasn’t a monkey or a bird. They stumbled upon an idea of fusing the two animals into one creature.
- Rainboa comes from the same home planet.
- Monkiwi's extendable beak is similar to Pokios from Super Mario Odyssey.