Professor Paradox resembles a Caucasian man in his late 40s. He wears a torn shirt and a brown vest, along with black trousers. He is equipped with a golden cane and a pair of green goggles. He has a holographic arm for his right arm projecting from a pocket watched attached to him with his neck tie.
Paradox is an easy-going and intelligent man due to the millenias he spent traveling across the Multiverse. He is incredibly calm, remaining level-headed even in the most of extreme and dangerous of circumstances. His enigmatic nature makes him unpredictable to others and often hard to understand.
- Chrono Manipulation- After being lost in time for millennials Professor Paradox gained the ability to warp time and space as he sees fit.
- Chrono Navigator- Paradox has a pocket watch strapped to his arm that quite literally helps him navigate through the time stream.
- Limited time travel- As powerful as Professor Paradox is, he cannot travel to before the dawn of time.
In the 1950s, the man who would become known as Paradox managed to discover special properties in quartz crystals what would allow for time travel. After receiving government funding, the scientist attempted to open a portal into the space-time continuum. However, a slight miscalculation, and an explosion accidentally caused by his panicked assistant, threw the scientist into the event horizon, where he remained for a hundred thousand years. He was displaced outside of time, where he didn't age, or have to sleep or eat; just exist. He went insane for a while, but then got bored and regained his sanity. He gained complete understanding of the space-time continuum, though he forgot his original name in the process. Managing to exit his limbo, the man became a time walker, eventually meeting Ben Tennyson and his team, where he was given the name "Paradox" by Gwendolyn Tennyson.
In Chapter 9: Time Out (Page 37), Gwen, Rook, and Kevin, encounter Professor Paradox and Clockwork inside Clockwork's Tower. The two powerful beings are revealed to be stuck in a timeloop due to Eon's new power.
- Chapter 9: Time Out (first appearance)
- Paradox was originally intended to debut in Chapter 6.
- In this version of the story, he would take Danny and Ben to an abandoned apartment building to eat and rest before taking on the villains. He would also tell Danny that he could easily take him back to his dimension once the battle is over, and that he has recruited 'some help' to combat the army the villains had put together.