Rao is a tall humanoid that closely resembles a human. He has a strong athletic build with long white hair and a red marking on his forehead. He wears a dark green and black outfit with lighter green markings across his body, with a silver belt and a black cape.
Rao is a crude and firm ruler with his best interests in mind. He is highly intelligent, able to keep his people in line through manipulation and his overwhelming power.
- Enhanced Strength- Rao possesses god-like strength.
- Enhanced Durability- Rao's immense physical abilities makes him nearly invulnerable.
- Optic Beams- Rao can fire a powerful heat vision that is able to cut through or burn nearly anything.
- Flight- His enhanced physiology grants him flight capabilities. He can travel at high speeds.
- Enhanced Intelligence- Rao possesses intelligence well beyond that of a humans.
- Red Suns- Enough resulting radiation from red stars could weaken his abilities or outright remove them.
Rao was an abandoned Colonizer who was cut-off from his people after Krypton became their primary home.
Angered, Rao stole a ship and eventually made it to Krypton. Not authorized for entry, his ship was attacked and left him with no engines drifting in the darkness of space. His ship was picked up by the nearby solar systems orbit, a system that contained a yellow star. Over the course of three years, he began absorbing energy from the sun and the resulting sunlight, revitalized his cells and unlocked his full potential.
After obtaining these abilities, Rao went back to Krypton and became their leader. His abilities made the people of Krypton view him as a god and this along with his strict demeanor, gave him complete control over his people.
Rao prevented any future off-world travel to keep the secret of the Yellow Sun's power away from the public and keeping himself and his lineage in power. His bloodline became a powerful heritage, as his family are the only ones who know how to gain their true potential.
- The marking on his forehead is the Symbol of Rao burned onto his head with his optic beams. This is used to designate his royal status.