Sonaraquids are quadrupedal reptile, spider-like squids with four green tentacle-like appendages protruding from his torso, with disc shaped ear canals at the bottom. They have three smaller appendages at the underbelly for grabbing prey. They possess a single purple eye, with their mouth located at their abdomen. On the abdomen, is a fin that goes from their thorax.
- Water Striding- Sonaraquids are able to slide and stand on the surface of water.
- Sonar Generation- The disk shaped ear canals at the bottom of his feet can generate a sonar pulse, allowing them to detect underwater prey.
- Web Generation- When capturing prey, Sonaraquids will generate a tough and sticky web from their thorax.
- Wall Climbing- Their ear canals can function as suction cups, allowing them to climb up vertical surfaces.
Society and History
Sonaraquids spend their days sliding on the surface of the water, searching for prey. When hunting, they will use their legs as bait, then web up their prey once in range. They will also assist the Milit Lagish, using their webs to help the Milit Lagish capture and carry prey back to the ocean depths. By working together, the Sonaraquids and Milit Lagish believe they are maintaining balance in the ecosystem. When eating, Sonaraquids digest their prey entirely, leaving no waste. The bones of their prey help the strength of their webs.
Sonaraquids communicate through the bubble on their face. The sounds are like that of bubbling and burbling, but is structured similar to a Morse code. They can communicate long ranges by using this same code through sonar pulses.
- The Sonaraquid species were not in the original draft for the And Beyond, but made in order to give Ben a tenth transformation to come from the Anur System.