TailPorter resembles a small foxlike impish creature with a relatively long tail and large ears. He has orange fur with darker red stripes that have a swirling pattern. He has two small horns on his head, with four spikes near the end of his tail.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on his stomach.
- Tachyonic Bodily Conversion- TailPorter can convert his body into faster than light tachyons allowing him to teleport essentially anywhere. The limits of his range is unknown but are at least interstellar.
- Lightspeed Ramming- As his body converts into tachyons, there is a period where he accelerates to near lightspeed before vanishing completely as he teleports. If he charges up an attack, he can remain tangible for a time as he does this and use this build up offensively by ramming into various things. The strongest known impact on record from a Tachyvulimpus measured in at 300 Gigatons.
- Near Invulnerability- While his body is made of tachyons, he is effectively intangible and during the conversion process, is virtually indestructible for a very brief time.
- Danger Sense- TailPorter can sense incoming objects heading in his direction.
- Pseudo Time Travel- Traveling faster than light as tachyons allow TailPorter to rematerialize in a different location a mere moment prior to teleporting.
- Limited Stamina- Repeated teleportations across vast distances over a short period of time can quickly wear out TailPorter to the point of exhaustion. If he keeps himself limited to a short-range, however, he's not at any risk of tiring, no more than a human walking. Teleporting once across a hundred light-years would feel like a human feeling fine one moment and be exhausted from a 10-hour all-out marathon the next moment.
- Recklessness- This species makes Ben rather reckless, leaving him with no consideration for potential collateral damage to himself or others.
It is theorized that their original home planet was consumed by the Roche limit of the black hole. Living in the accretion disc with objects orbiting at incredibly fast relativistic speeds caused the Tachyvulimpus to evolve to sense oncoming danger allowing them to teleport out of the way of incoming objects and projectiles. The Tachyvulimpus are also quite incautious due to them constantly ramming into asteroids with no regards for potential collateral damage.
- The name for SNC-37949 comes from adding the values of the base 36 numbers "BLK" and "HOL" together in base 10.
- The prefix SNC is based on black holes named under the NGC (New General Catalogue).