Upgrade has a humanoid shape covered in shiny green metal. Selective parts, including his head and back, are covered in a deep, reflective purple. There is glowing green circuitry patterns over the purple sections. His one eye is detailed with a circut-like pupal, with no other facial features.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on his left wrist.
- Technological Update- Upgrade can be merged with any type of technology, both electronic and non-electronic, control it and even update it at will. The upgrade can also fuse with sentient beings that are mechanical in nature, such as Chronosapiens.
- Technological Manipulation- Upgrade is capable of manipulating technology, such as the Rust Bucket, into having armor and heavy weaponry.
- Shapeshifting - Upgrade can change the shape of his body, allowing him to stretch his body or mimic weaponry.
- Enhanced Strength - Upgrade has immense strength capable of overpowering his enemies (this attribute can even be increased if he is fused with technology).
- Laser Beam - Upgrade is able to fire a laser beam from his "eye" by energizing his bio-mechanical blood.
- Weapon Mimicry- Upgrade is capable of shape shifting his arms as weapons, such as maces or hammers.
- Electrokinesis- Upgrade is capable of discharging electrical currents to stun and immobilize his enemies.
- Regeneration - Upgrade can constantly regenerate and repair himself with no pain.
- Electrical Teleportation- Upgrade can travel through electrical currents.
- Machinery Regeneration- Upgrade can repair damaged machinery easily.
- Technological Upgrade Division- Upgrade can separate and release a part of it in technologies and control them without completely merging with technology.
- Space Survivability - Due to being inorganic, Upgrade can survive in the vacuum of space.
- Technological Transfer- Upgrade can transfer his consciousness into other machines, but only if it passes through his physical shape.
- Electromagnetic Pulses - An electromagnetic pulse can disrupt Upgrade's physical form.
- Electricity - Electricity-based attacks can disrupt Upgrade's techno-organic body because he's living metal.
- Techno-Organic Viruses - Since Upgrade is partially technology, he is susceptible to being corrupted by viruses.
- Acid - Upgrade can be harmed by acid.
- In Chapter 2: The Lonely Ghost (Page 3), Upgrade could be seen with Ben's original 10 transformations during Ben's backstory. Later, 16 year-old Upgarde was seen holding the Anihilargg.
- In Chapter 6: Weightless (Page 23- 25), Ben used Upgrade to merge with a Plumber Ship after Technus damaged it, saving Kevin Levin and Rook Blonko.
- Upgrade is Alex Gautreaux's favorite transformation.
- Upgrade's body is made up of billions of small cell-like creatures called Nanites. The Nanites are what allow Upgrade to reshape and move like a liquid even though he's a solid being.
- Unlike many of Ben's other transformations, Upgrade isn't a complete change since his biology is largely on metallic and robotic cells. This is the reason Ben's voice doesn't change while he is Upgrade.
- Upgrade and other Galvanic Mechamorphs are unable to merge with the Omnitrix due to a failsafe.