Badaboom is the Omnitrix's DNA sample of a Plasmoid from the planet Frago.
Badaboom is a silicon-based lifeform resembling a large, humanoid hand grenade. His forearms also resemble hand grenades with large curved pins on the wrists and his hands are large and glove-like. His head is spherical and resembles a cartoony bomb with a wide smile and round green eyes lacking pupils. He has a large curved pin on the top of his head. His feet resemble large combat boots.
Badaboom speaks in a loud, stereotypical drill sergeant voice.
The Omnitrix symbol is located on the top of his head at the base of his head pin.
- Plasma Manipulation- Badaboom can generate and manipulate extremely volatile plasma energy and can project it to a variety of attacks, most commonly balls of plasma known as “plasma bombs”. He is capable of controlling the size of his bombs as well.
- Explosive Combat- Badaboom can focus the plasma in his body and channel it to parts of his body such as his fists and can attack with explosive force, the more plasma he focuses the more volatile his attacks become.
- Explosive Immunity- Badaboom’s highly durable and sturdy body makes him naturally immune to the explosions and explosive force his plasma attacks create.
- Self Detonation- By pulling the pins off his head or wrists, Badaboom can detonate himself like a bomb, releasing an utterly massive explosion. Although this won’t kill Badaboom, it will knock him out and Ben will transform back still unconscious.
- Limited Energy Supply- Badaboom has a limited amount of plasma energy stored in his body and although his body produces more overtime, he can potentially drain himself of energy if he’s too overzealous with his attacks.
- Destructiveness- The destructive nature of his powers can be a liability as Ben can potentially harm or even kill allies and civilians if he’s is too reckless.
- Self Detonation- After Badaboom detonates himself, he’ll be knocked unconscious, Ben will automatically transform back and he’ll still be left unconscious.
- Badaboom’s design and to an extent, his powers are inspired by Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia. If Badaboom was to be made canon to Five Years Later, he would be the third alien based on Bakugo, the other two being Grenadier and Outburst.
- Badaboom’s drill sergeant inspired voice is inspired by Sgt. R. Lee Ermey who played Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket and Sarg from Toy Story.